Saturday, July 30, 2016

Saturdays in the Garden | Superheroes and Butterflies

OUTSIDE

I still haven't done any work in the yard and garden.  Hopefully tomorrow?

Instead, here's a picture out my office window.

Two Eastern Tiger Swallowtails,  nectaring on Bee Balm

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I finished my Arrow re-watch and have started on an Agents of SHIELD (AoS) re-watch so that I can start season 3 which was recently released on Netflix.  Superheroes everywhere.  I hated the first half of the first season of AoS when I initially watched the show but am finding it not so bad this time around.  Probably because I'm already attached to the characters. I still love May and kind of hate Skye If you watch superhero shows, what's your favorite?

Reading

Finished Last Week:

  • Queen of Sorcery (Belgariad #2) by David Eddings:  This is a re-read of a much beloved epic fantasy series from my youth.  It holds up surprisingly well.  Great quest epic fantasy!
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: I will try almost any take on Jane Austen's novels, even (especially?) ones involving zombies. I enjoyed re-reading P&P and didn't mind the occasional insertion of zombies.
Currently Reading:
  • One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximizing food production in a small space.  An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).  
  • Magician's Gambit (Belgariad #3) by David Eddings: See above!  Book 3 reread from a muc beloved series.  
  • Magic Rises (Kate Daniels #6) by Ilona Andrews: I love this urban fantasy series.  

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
  • Smoke by Dan Vyleta:  I've heard about this book from a few different locations and it sounds fascinating.  It takes place in the late 1800s in an England where every sin a person commits makes them emit visible smoke.  
  • Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton:  I didn't write down where I read about this dang it but it's a YA novel that apparently has a wild west vibe but set in a middle eastern culture.  

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

SUNDAY:  Mini-Reviews | KDramas | Oh My Ghostess, Splash Splash Love, Noble My Love
TUESDAY: Top Ten Tuesday | Crazy Things I Want To Do Because Books Told Me To

* I really need to get some reviews written so hopefully get some done this week?  



Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment