Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Bookcases that are doors, Doors that are bookcases

OUTSIDE

This will be a short post this week!  Lucky you:)!  More blueberries this week and I now have a respectable pile of green beans.  The green bean seeds I put in the ground last weekend are coming up already thanks to warm temps and some good rains this week.  The tomatoes are also finally starting to come on though I've had to cull a few and toss them because of blossom end rot.  Also my chard is looking pretty if a little chewed on.



GAK

I went on another parade of homes tour today with a friend and you will be completely unsurprised that my favorite house had this little library tucked on the second floor.
So that bookshelf that kind of looks tucked behind the other in the middle of the pic? It's a DOOR. 


WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

This week I had the pleasure of watching my favorite K Drama yet - Queen In Hyun's Man.  It's so ridiculously romantic, charming, suspenseful and has the best lead male character that I've run into in a long time.  I plan on gushing about it in a post so won't say too much more but WATCH IT.


Reading

Finished Last Week:

Nothing Finished This Week.

Currently Reading:

  • One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximizing food production in a small space.  An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).  
  • The Passage (The Passage #1) by Justin Cronin:  This literary novel about a vampiric plague has been recommended to me a thousand times in a thousand ways.  I am now on chapter 28 or 29.  
  • Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith: I will try almost any take on Jane Austen's novels, even (especially?) ones involving zombies. 
  • Tiger Eye by Marjorie M. Liu:  This is a paranormal romance with a super promising premise and which started well enough.  With 100 pages left, it is really not working for me and I'm on the fence about whether to continue or not....

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
  • The Charm School (Calhoun Chronicles #1) by Susan Wiggs: Romance! On a boat!
  • The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen: The search for te perfect pirate romance novel continues.
  • The Line (Witching Savannah #1) by J.D. Horn:  Urban Fantasy about witches in Savannah Georgia.
  • Prophecy (The Dragon King Chronicles #1) by Ellen Oh:  Asian inspired fantasy with a bad ass female protagonist. Okay. I'm interested.  

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

WEDNESDAY:  Top Ten Wednesday | My Random Bookish Trivia



Throw back  - Jasper as a puppy.  He still occasionally gives me this intense stare as if to say "Why do you crimp my ear hair?! This is not the 1980s!"  Have a good week everyone!
A teen-aged Jasper showing off his crimped ear hair a little clearer. No idea why the hair on his ears does this. I do NOT as implied above, crimp his ear hair.  Not that I wouldn't I just don't have time for that sh*%:).

No comments:

Post a Comment