Monday, January 9, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY | 2016 Book Releases That I Can't Believe I Haven't (Yet) Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  
This weeks list was a snap to put together because there are SO MANY books published last year that I didn't get to.  The ladies @ The Broke and the Bookish's official prompt is:
January 10: Top Ten 2016 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn't Get To (But TOTALLY plan to)
I am always several years behind in my reading so my TBR is full of books that I am absolutely gonna read soon.  Like at least in the next 5 years, lol.  



*************


1) Stiletto (Checquey #2) by Daniel O'Malley


I've waited SO LONG for this sequel to the amazing stupendous The Rook and then I don't jump right on it and read it. *shrugs* I don't know either.



2) Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby #3) by William Ritter

I really love this series and still really want to read this one even though another blogger friend of like mind didn't love it. 


3) Heartless by Marissa Meyer

a) Loved the Lunar Chronicles, b) read an excerpt and thought it was fab.


4) A Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab

The follow up to one of my favorite new fantasy series.


5) Iron Cast by Destiny Soria

This one is a unique on the list because it's not in a series I love or by an Author I'm besotted with. It just sounded really really cool and interesting. 



6) Lady Cop Makes Trouble (Kopp Sisters #2) by Amy Stewart

I completely lost my mind with glee when I saw that Girl Waits With Gun was going to be a series.



7) Bloodline by Claudia Gray

Claudia Gray's first Star Wars tie-in Lost Stars made my best of the year list this year and I still didn't get around this second novel from her that is about freakin' Leia and sounds AMAZING! I'm feeling especially nostalgic about Leia now after the very sad passing of the indomitable Ms. Fisher *sniff*.





Mary Roach and Bill Bryson are probably my only two non-fiction auto-reads. They're my non-fictions BFFs. It does not matter what the topic is - they could write about navel lint and I'd be fascinated and amused. Now, if they wrote a book together .....HEAD ...EXPLODING....



9) City of Blades (The Divine Cities #2) by Robert Jackson Bennet


This was published way back in early January -WHY HAVEN'T I READ IT YET?? 



10) Jane Steele by Lyndsay Faye

I like Lyndsay Faye's books a lot and a re-telling of Jane Eyre if Jane were a serial killer? Color me very very intrigued!

Honorable Mentions

Ghost Talkers by Mary Robinette Kowa
Gentleman Jole and Red Queen (Vorkosigan #16) by Lois McMaster Bujold
Burning Midnight by Will McIntosh
Winterwood by Jacey Bedford
Starflight by Melissa Landers
The Immortals by Max Jordanna Brodsky


*************

What are the 2016 books at the top of your to-read list?

No comments:

Post a Comment