Saturday, January 21, 2017

Saturdays in the Garden | Fired Up and Ready To Go!

OUTSIDE

Inside, the Narcissus is really blooming now.

While outside it's been warm but gray and wet. I just keep trying to think of it as Gothic Horror Weather.  Any minute now I will be beset by vampires and werewolves emerging out of the swirling fog.  Well-mannered and charming werewolves and vampires of course:0).


GAK

It's been a fascinating week.  I am taking an online workshop called Hibernate (by Beauty That Moves) and it's been  lovely.  One of the initial exercises was to sit and think about those things that would make us feel amazing this winter and from that create our Winter Wellness Recipe.  Mine's below!


Second, I am overwhelmed with emotion right now after attending the Women's March in Des Moines.  It was a memorable, empowering, inspiring, uplifting experience and I'm fired up and ready to go.  #FaithinHumanityRestored. 




WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Still watching Inuyasha and I have to admit to be getting a little weary of it.  In the final season at least!

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted

  • Moon Called (Mercy Thompson #) by Patricia Briggs:  Recommended to me highly many times because I love the Kate Daniels series.  I'm really enjoying it!
  • Sunbolt (Sunbolt Chronicles #1) by Intisar Khanani:  This novella (~150 pages) was superb.  Immediately jumping into book 2! I am going to try to post a review this week.

Currently Reading:

  • The Twelve (The Passage #2) by Justin Cronin: The second book in The Passage trilogy.  To be honest I am halfway through and while I'm driven to keep reading I am alos pretty frustrated with this one.  I've thought about quitting a time or two. 
  • Memories of Ash (Sunbolt #2) by Intisar Khanani: I loved book 1 so much, I immediately had to jump into book 2!
  • Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch: A book about how to improve your relationship with food.

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

First here are some books I bought this week despite the fact that one of my resolutions was to stop my profligate book expenditures but these were on sale!  What was I supposed to do?!
  • First Grave on the Right By Darynda Jones: This paranormal romance/mystery has been on my TBR for a while and it's NEVER available at the library.
  • The Bone Knife by Intisar Khanani: This short story was free!  I read one of Khanani's books this week (see above) and LOVED it.
  • A Glass of Blessings by Barbara Pym: Barbara Pym is my jam.
  • Slave to Sensation by Nalini Singh: A paranormal romance that's been on my TBR for a while.
  • Have His Carcase (Lord Peter Wimsey #8) by Dorothy L. Sayers: Because Lord Peter Wimsey is my jam.
  • Blood Bound (Mercy Thompson #2) by Patricia Briggs:  I really enjoyed book one of the Urban Fantasy series so....Yeah.
Now books for which I controlled myself and just added to the TBR:

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:




Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment