Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Happy Samhain!

OUTSIDE

The weather thus far this Autumn has been insanely mild which is good for me because I have been dragging my feet on my yard and garden chores.  It's an Autumn for slackers!  Thank you weather goddesses!  I did plant the garlic today and about a third of the flower bulbs I impulse bought a few weeks ago.  The bulbs were Grape Hyacinth and Alliums that will hopefully look like the below next spring.

Allium

Grape Hyacinth


WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Arrow! Season 3 now.  Oliver's just about to get shirtless on a mountain top with Ras Al Ghul.  Not that I have any particular fondness for that scene.

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted

  • The Chessmen by Peter May:  The last in a trilogy of mysteries set on the Outer Hebrides. 
  • Fables (Vol 21 and 22) Happily Ever After and The Farewell by Bill Willingham et al.:  The last two volumes in the Fables series. Sad. 
  • Serenity (Vol. 2 and 3) Better Days and Other Stories and The Shepherd's Tale by Joss Whedon et al.:  These suddenly appeared at my library much to my delight.  I particularly liked The Shepherd's Tale though I'm not sure I buy the overall concept as Shepherd Book's back story.

Currently Reading:

  • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury:  I'd like to try and read all of Ray Bradbury's books - I love his writing.  I thought this would make a nice Autumn/Halloween read.
  • The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker: This is The Sword and Laser book club pick for this month and it's been on my TBR for ages.  I am loving this but the audio expires tomorrow at the library and I still have a couple hours (or more) of audio.  It feel's like it is taking me forever to read but it's just a smidge under 500 pages.
  • Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen: Book 4 in the Enchanted. Inc. series.  Much fun!

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

Nothing this week.

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

It ended up being kind of a crazy week so I got nothing really posted except all my readathon posts  last Saturday.  Speaking of which the readathon was awesome and I lasted until 3 am:).

SATURDAY:


For Disney Fans

For Scary Movie Fans
Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment