Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Doing the Dew | Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon | October 2016


This Saturday, October 22, 2016, is the designated Fall date for Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon.  The stars have aligned - both in my schedule and my need - to participate this time around!  I've participated only once before and I did not even try to make it the full 24 hours but it was still such a great day.  Also, Autumn is the most proper of seasons for a full day of reading without guilt.

It's supposed to be a gorgeous weekend and I do have a ton of yard/garden work to do but that shouldn't be an obstacle because I can do yard work AND read #AudiobooksfortheWin.  Otherwise my weekend schedule is open and I've been preparing by taking care of as much of the housework, that I usually do on the weekend, during this week.  I'm hoping to start the day of the read-a-thon with a clean(ish) house and a kitchen stocked with all my favorite snacks!

I've started thinking about my reading plan and setting goals and such and have a few vague ideas.  I doubt I'll set any rigid goals.  I don't read fast so setting a "number of books read" goal is tricky though I would like to catch up a little bit to my Goodreads Challenge goal (I'm 8 books behind).  I'm also not going to make myself stay up 24 hours though I will start at the specified start time (7am) and go for as long as I can. 

I have a few books in mind I think I will "target" on the day:

AUDIO

IN PRINT/DIGITAL

That gives me some good variety:).  I think I will also see if I can pick up a couple of Graphic Novels at the library.  

I am super ready and psyched for a day devoted to reading with a little bit of garden work in the mix.  It sounds like the perfect Saturday. 

So how about you?  Are you going to join in on the Read-A-Thon?  You can sign up at: http://www.24hourreadathon.com/

Whatever you do this Saturday I hope it makes you happy and peaceful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment