Monday, May 18, 2015

Bout of Books 13 - The End

THE END

Despite some distractions from pesky "real life" and really not accomplishing any of my goals completely, I still feel good about how the week went.  I read a whole bunch.  Mission accomplished.

Here is the final tally as of Sunday night:

Time Spent Reading (including listening) Today: 6 hours
Books Read: 
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe: 0 pages(total for week: 50 pages)
Turn Coat by Jim Butcher: 50 minutes
Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry: 30 minutes
Murder on St. Mark's Place by Victoria Thompson: 220 pages (I just missed finishing this one)
Total Books Finished (whole week): 4
The Lewis Man by Peter May
Likelihood of Lucy by Jenny Holiday
Locke and Key: Clockworks Vol. 5 by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
Locke and Key: Alpha and Omega Vol. 6 by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez

GOALS 

 

These were the goals I set with and what I accomplished:
1)  I will finish these books:
- The Lewis Man by Peter May (in progress)
- The Likelihood of Lucy by Jenny Holiday (in progress)
- Locke and Key: Clockworks by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
- Locke and Key: Alpha and Omega by Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez
- Air: Letters from Lost Countries by G. Willow Wilson and M.K. Perker - I started this one but was utterly confused and didn't get sucked in.  I was also really enjoying the Victoria Thompson mystery I picked up so I will get back to this one later.
      
2) I will make Significant Progress in these books (I know this is shamefully vague):
- Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe (at least 100 pages) (in progress) - Only read 50 but I'm okay with that.
- Turn Coat by Jim Butcher (in progress, audio) - Got within half a disk of the end so I'd say that's good progress.
- Lonesome Dove by Larry McMurtry (audio) - I estimate got to about page 200 and something (I'm listening to it) - okay progress (it's 945 pages long).

3) I will be at least 5 books ahead on my Goodreads Challenge by the end of the Read-a-thon.
- I ended at 3 ahead but I finished both Turn Coat and Murder on St. Marks Place today so that'll do it even if its a day late. 

4) I will post update posts on Wednesday and Friday and a wrap up on Sunday with:
Hours Read: 
Books Read:
Books Completed:

It was a good read-a-thon and I didn't miss TV a bit.  Now I need to catch up on reviewing everything!!

Until Next Time...

No comments:

Post a Comment