Sunday, October 23, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Readathon Saturday

OUTSIDE

I did some canning last weekend which was pretty fun!  I used up all the green tomatoes in my garden and a good supply of the peppers, combined it with a few others to make a WHOLE lot of relish, lol.  Not the prettiest thing in a can and unless I develop a whole lot more uses for relish besides tuna and egg salad, I will have relish until the end of time.  If you, like me are interested in some ideas: http://www.chowhound.com/post/eat-relish-302165?page=3


The forecast here for the weekend is upper sixties and sunny - Gorgeous!  I am hoping to do some serious puttering around the yard.  Cleaning up after the dogs, mowing, clean up a spot in the garden and plant garlic, weed, clean up a spot and plant bulbs, have a nice fire in the pit from my yard waste.  I'll leave most of my garden standing over the winter for the insects.  I do likely need to clean out all my pots and move them in the garage.

GAK

Dewey's Readathon!  It's Today!  I'm participating!  I am really looking forward to a day of reading and I've stocked up on delicious food.  I'm looking forward to reading a ton, catching up on my Goodreads challenge, interacting with other read-a-thoners and just escaping from reality for a while.  
In other news, someone carved a random stump on my block into a horse.  It made me smile.  Thank you mystery wood carver/sculptor.


WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Arrow! Still in the early days of season 2.

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted

  • Damsel Under Stress (Enchanted, Inc. #3) by Shanna Swendsen:  This was lots of fun.  On to book 4 which I thought was the end of the series but apparently is not.... Yay, I think.
  • Guardians of the West (The Mallorean #1) by David Eddings:  I enjoyed my re-read of The Belgariad so thought I would continue on.  Sadly I was a bit bored by this book and it is basically a regurgitation of the Belgariad except for some very small details.  It ended rather excitingly though....

Currently Reading:

  • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury:  I'd like to try and read all of Ray Bradbury's books - I love his writing.  I thought this would make a nice Autumn/Halloween read.
  • The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker: This is The Sword and Laser book club pick for this month and it's been on my TBR for ages.  The little bit I've listened to thus far has totally grabbed me.
  • Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen: Book 4 in the Enchanted. Inc. series.  Much fun!
  • The Chessmen by Peter May:  The last in a trilogy of mysteries set on the Outer Hebrides. 

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

No comments:

Post a Comment