Sunday, October 23, 2016

Readathon | The Wrap Up

I made it to 3 A.M. (hour 20)!  I actually was feeling pretty good and likely could have likely made it all the way through but I had to be functional today, Boo Hiss.  When I looked back to see how this compared with the one other time I had done read-a-thon, I discovered I had actually participated twice, both in Spring and Fall 2014.  Anyway, this was the longest I had made it and I feel good about my reading though most of what I finished were graphic novels.

START TIME:  7:00 a.m.
END TIME: 3:00 a.m.
MADE IT TO: Hour 20!
TIME SPENT READING: I stopped tracking this somewhere around hour 12, lol.  I feel like my focus got a bit better in the evening so my guess would be about 13-14 hours total.
BOOKS READ: I completed one novel and 4 graphic novels and made some progress in two other books 
Finished - 
The Chessmen by Peter May
Fables: Vol 21: Happily Ever After by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Andrew Pepoy
Fables: Vol. 22: 150 Farewell by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, and Steve Leialoha
Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad

Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee
Read but not finished - 
Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen
The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker


Wrap Up Survey

1) Which hour was most daunting for you?
Actually I never really flagged this year and only quit because I knew I had to be pretty function today.  It's a bummer because who knows if I will have that kind of stamina another time!
2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
The Lewis Trilogy of Mysteries by Peter May are incredibly engrossing and atmospheric though a little dark.  They are not overly long either (~300 pages).  
3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
It was great!  I enjoyed participating on Twitter and the website.  Thanks for all the organizing!
4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
I'm sure it's always been great and this is just the first year I have really engaged with the Twitter hashtag.  I liked seeing everybody's updates and the prompts from hosts!
5) How many books did you read?
See above
6) What were the names of the books you read?
See above
7) Which book did you enjoy most?
The Chessmen by Peter May Great conclusion to this mystery trilogy though I wsh he would write more with this setting and these characters!
8) Which did you enjoy least?
I was disappointed in the very last Fables installment - Vol 22 Farewell

9) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
Very likely! I think I like just participating as a reader... I already distract myself enough without having any responsibility!
Books on my Stack:
  • The Chessmen by Peter May  Great ending to this terrific trilogy!
  • Don't Hex With Texas by Shanna Swendsen Read Some
  • The Man with a Load of Mischief by Martha Grimes
  • Mulch by Ann Ripley
  • The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker (Audio) Read Some
  • Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury (Audio)
  • Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Calamity Jack by Shannon, Dean and Nathan Hale
  • Fables: Vol 21: Happily Ever After by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, Steve Leialoha, Andrew Pepoy
  • Fables: Vol. 22: 150 Farewell by Bill Willingham, Mark Buckingham, and Steve Leialoha
  • Olympians: Zeus King of the Gods by George O'Connor
  • Serenity: Better Days and Other Stories by Joss Whedon, Brett Matthews, and Will Conrad
  • Serenity: The Shepherd's Tale by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, and Chris Samnee

Hope all had a great day!

- Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment