Monday, June 5, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY | The Last Ten Fantasy Novels I've Added to My TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week's Top Ten Tuesday topic shines a light on genre.
10 Books From X Genre That I've Recently Added To My TBR List -- I want to know what books have piqued your interest lately from whatever genre you choose!
It was surprisingly hard to choose what genre to go with because I am a famous (famous I tell you!) over-thinker.  Did I go broad, narrow, whimsical?  In the end, most of the the recent books I've added are fantasy of some kind, so I went with that.  

**********

1) Borrowed Souls by Chelsea Mueller

The start of an Urban Fantasy series that I picked up on through a recommendation by Danya @ Fine Print.  The premise of the world in the book is that folks can borrow souls in order to commit sins and than avoid bearing the blemish on their own souls.  Intriguing, eh?

2) Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts #1) by Vic James

The start of a YA fantasy series set in a fantastical version of England that plays on the class system.  I'm not sure where I heard about this one or what prompted me to add it but it does look interesting if a little well-worn in the trope department..

3) The Language of Thorns by Leigh Bardugo

A YA fantasy collection of short stories set in Bardugo's Grisha universe.  I learned about this one on last week's TTT!   I am still reeling with my infatuation with her Six of Crows series so this must be read.


I'm not sure why it took me so long to add this one to my list.  

5) Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs

I love this Urban Fantasy series and burned through the first 4 books!

6) Brother's Ruin (Industrial Magic #1) by Emma Newman

A historical fantasy set in mid-1800s' Great Britain.  I for one am super excited by the trend (that may only exist in my mind) of  books featuring magic that take place in the 1800s in Britain.  I need all the books of this. 

7)  Borderline (The Arcadia Project #1) by Mishell Baker

A very unique sounding Urban Fantasy that takes place in Hollywood and has an amputee protagonist that grapples with mental illness -  not your typical UF heroine. This one has gotten rave reviews from several of my favorite bloggers.

8) Grave Witch (Alex Craft #1) by Kalayna Price

This looks like a fairly typical, fun UF novel.  I'd say I've been in the mood for Urban Fantasy lately. Ya think?!?  TTT lists always reveal important corners of  my psyche.

9) Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly

A fantasy set in a World War Two type of setting that tells the story of a resistance against a nationalistic and autocratic regime.  Not timely at all. Nope.

10) Kings of the Wyld (The Band #1) by Nicholas Eames

A rousing, getting the band back together again for one last quest fantasy.  I'm in!

**************

What are some of the fantasies you've recently added to your To-Be-Read list?


No comments:

Post a Comment