Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Reading Log Jam

OUTSIDE

It's a three day weekend, because of a federal holiday on Monday, and I think I'm going to take advantage of the extra down time to start my garden planning.   Seed Savers is currently having a bit of a sale so it would be a good time to order seeds etc... I also have a copy of One Magic Square to dig into and a little indoor gardening to do.  There's my weekend happily sorted:0).  Plus, the high temperature tomorrow is supposed to be -3 Fahrenheit so I don't plan on spending much if any time outdoors.



LIFE

As I've mentioned a couple times, I am going to try to keep up with a 365 grateful project this year.   The idea is to be more mindful and record at least one thing each day that brought you joy in some way, that made you feel gratitude. I wanted to do this because while my higher mind recognizes how truly fortunate I am with the life I have been given, my more emotional brain doesn't always appreciate this.  I also want to train myself to be less absent, floating through my days in the haze of the to do list. I've posted my first and second week thus far and am really enjoying the process.  There has definitely been a day or two when I have not paid enough attention to the world around me but on those days the project has forced me to reflect in the evening on the good stuff that happened during the day.   Overall, I am really pleased with the first couple weeks and hope I have the will to keep it up all year.  My favorite thus far:
http://rudejapser.tumblr.com/post/136849587378/i-like-when-the-world-helps-me-imagine-i-live-in-a

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I have continued watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and am a smidge over halfway through season 2. I really got into the second half of season 1 and have been less engaged with season 2 though the show is doing some interesting things. I hate Skye a little less but still prefer the other female characters on the show; May, Simmons and now Bobbi.  The male cast is a little less charismatic for me - none of them are that interesting.  Anyway, if you like this sort of thing - superhero adjacent, international spy law enforcement show - it is worth picking up.  I am not a big Marvel fan girl and I certainly miss some of the connections the show has to the bigger Marvel universe but it hasn't really impacted my watching enjoyment.

Reading
I finally finished Into the Wilderness, which has been acting a bit like a log jam to my reading.  I felt like I couldn't move on until I had completed the darn thing, so I hope, now that it is done, I will be able to read more. *fingers crossed*

Finished Last Week: 

  • Into the Wilderness by Sarah Donati:  I am finally done with this book!  It took me FORever to read.  Historical fiction/romance (different actually then just a historical romance) I had to wait behind 6 other patrons on the hold list to get this from the library despite the fact it was published in 1998.  Not sure why - maybe because it gets compared to Outlander and that's big right now?   Set in the American frontier circa 1790.

Currently Reading:

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!


Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

And now...love at first sight.  R.I.P. Colonel Brandon.

No comments:

Post a Comment