Saturday, January 23, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | I Want to Believe

OUTSIDE

The last couple weeks Winter kind of woke up and remembered he had a job to do:).  It's been cold, and we've gotten a little snow here and there.  So.  Normal. And it's been enough for me to focus on my indoor plants.
My Narcissus bulb is growing well and is on the verge of blooming after maybe 3 weeks in water? It's roots look like worms or little tentacles reaching out into the water - It's cool to have the underground perspective.
My Meyer lemon plant has contracted a case of scale and has needed some doctoring.  I wanted to do something natural and saw that Fish Emulsion is often recommended as a foliar spray.  Hoo boy, is it stinky but lets hope it helps.  It looks like I also need to wipe the leave with alcohol.  I hope it works because the scale is nasty and I want lemons!!


LIFE

A short week but an overwhelming one at work.  January -April tend to be my busiest months of the year and it seems like no matter how organized, focused and productive I am, there is just too much to do in a 40 hour week.  Do you ever feel like this?  Do you take your work home with you?  I get all in a muddle about it because I'm more productive when I take a break.  It ends up being a kind of stressed if I do, stressed if I don't sort of situation. Blergh.

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I finished the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. which had a whopper of an ending. WOW.  So now I get to wait a few months for season 3 to get to Netflix. Schm!*rgh#%.

Good news is that I jumped right into iZombie which is Rob Thomas' (creator of Veronica Mars) new show.  It is utterly delightful and awesome as I would expect anything to come out of Rob Thomas' head to be.  Okay technically it is based on a comic created by Chris Roberson and Michael Allred so I can't give all the credit to Rob Thomas.

Finally, have you heard?!?  We're getting new episodes of The X-Files this Sunday!!!!  I am super excited about this, obviously, but am in a quandary because I don't normally watch "live" TV, mostly because I don't have cable and I get terrible reception.  I think Fox may be one of the channels I get pretty well though so I think I'm going have to try.  Because Scully! Mulder! Nonsensical alien plots! Trust No One!  Meep!

Reading

Finished Last Week: 

Currently Reading:

  • Steal the Sky by Megan O'Keefe:  An ARC and the first in a new science fiction series that sounds Firefly-esque.  Publication: January 5th, 2016.
  • The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson #1) by Rick Riordan:  I've been wanting to read this for a long while.  I love Greek mythology and obviously this series is extremely popular.
  • A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil #2) by Soman Chainani: This is a super fun middle-grade series and is one of the series I identified as one I'd like to put in the finished column.  

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

On the BLOG NEXT WEEK:

  • SUNDAY: Review of The Founding by Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. 
  • TUESDAY: TOP TEN TUESDAY hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It's a freebie week so I think I am going to talk about some of my favorite slow-burn couples. 
  • WEDNESDAY: Review of The Raven Cycle series by Maggie Stiefvater.
  • THURSDAY: Parent of Virtues - Week 4
Have a great week and remember, The Truth Is Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment