Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Winter TBR


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists.  It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

My reading is in such a muddle right now it is harder even than usual to project forward and think about what I'd like to read this winter. Here goes nothing.  

First a couple of ARCs that I'm excited about:

1) The Eterna Files by Leanna Renee Hieber

The description calls this book "The X-Files meets Jim Butcher's Harry Dresden series and set in Victorian London and New York City".  Sounds like my kind of book.  Publication date: February 3, 2015.

2 and 3)   The Thousand Dollar Tan Line and Mr. Kiss and Tell by Rob Thomas

These are books one and too in the new Veronica Mars based mystery series.  I have Mr. Kiss and Tell which comes out on January 20, 2015 as an ARC and want to catch up with book one first.  Looking forward to spending some time back in Neptune.

Then a few that are sitting around demanding to be read.


4) Sabriel by Garth Nix

This books wins the award for the most appearances on these lists. I currently have the audio, in my car, waiting to be read.

5) Zenn Scarlett by Christina Schoon

I don't remember where I first heard about this book but it sounded fascinating. A science fiction YA book about a girl studying to be an exovet -a veterinarian of extraterrestrial animals.

6) The Mad Scientist's Daughter by Cassandra Rose Clarke

It appears to be about a girl falling in love with android.  Obviously I am in the mood for science fictiony goodness.

7) Ancillary Justice by Ann Leckie

And continuing with that theme....  This book has won all the things and sounds like a great read.

These last three are books I'd like to finish before the end of the year in order to complete the 2014 Eclectic Reader Challenge.




8) The Improbable Adventures of Sherlock Holmes edited by John Joseph Adams (ANTHOLOGY)

This is an anthology which gathers some of the best Holmes short stories written in the last 25 years.  It includes stories by Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Mary Robinette Kowal, Anne Perry, Naomi Novik, Laurie R. King etc....

9) Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Coast Trail by Cheryl Strayed (TRAVEL)

I read Tiny Beautiful Things by Strayed a couple months ago and it confirmed my desire to read this one.

10) Woman in White by Wilkie Collins (GOTHIC)

I know of at least a few people who think Collins is better than Dickens.  We shall see.

On top of these add in all of the available sequels I mentioned in last week's list and that is my tentative, likely to completely change winter TBR. 

What's at the top of your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment