Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - Top 8(ish) Books I Want to Re-read

Top Ten Tuesday is a fun weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish for folks who like books and lists.  And who doesn't?

The topic for the first Tuesday in November are the top ten books I want to reread.  I used to reread ALL THE TIME but have done so hardly at all in the last 10 years or so.  Not sure why.  Hmmm... Another soul searching moment brought to you by Top Ten Tuesday.   So hopefully I will make some time in the near future to reread the following eight books/series of books in no particular order:


1) The Belgariad by David Eddings: This was one of my favorite fantasy series as a kid/teenager and I'd like to revisit it.


2) The Lymond Chronicles by Dorothy Dunnett: This is one of my favorite historical series of all time and I've only read it once.  Definitely need to fix that. 

3) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling:  I feel like I am waiting for a special occasion to let myself sink back into this series again.  I have only read it once, for shame.

4) Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis:  This is a series I have re-read many times but its been a long while. 

5) Song of Ice and Fire Series by George R.R. Martin: After book 4, Feast for Crows, I decided to stop trying to keep up with this series and wait until it was done. There is too much going on and too many characters to keep up with in the long breaks between book releases. Once all the books were out, I'd re-read books 1-4 and all the new books in one fell swoop.  of course, now I'm starting to despair that this series will ever be finished but I'm holding on to hope. 
6) Quiet by Susan Cain: This book had a profound impact on me last year and I'd like to read it again to absorb it more fully. (My Review)

7)  The Once and Future King by T.H. White:  Another of my childhood favorites that started an obsession with all things King Arthur.
8) Savage Spirit by Meg CameronIs 16 too young to have a savage spirit?  It's an excellent question and one which I read about over and over for many years but not in a great while.  Since I've started reading romances again after a long hiatus I'd like to revisit my favorite romance from my teenage years.

I think that's a fine list that should keep me busy.  If you are a re-reader how do you find time?  I'm wondering if I should designate a month as re-read month or something as an encouragement for me do some re-reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment