Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday - The Sequels I am Anxiously Awaiting



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists.  It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This was a surprisingly easy list to make though I wasn't certain whether the focus was intended to be series sequels that have not yet been released or those that are just highest up on my TBR list.  I've included a few of both.

Yet to be released


Source

1. Winter by Marissa Meyer - Lunar Chronicles # 4 (November 2015)
This was originally scheduled for a spring release but has been pushed back and there is another intermediary novel to be published in January.  The intermediary book looks interesting because it tells Queen Levana's story and as I mentioned last week, I love stories about villains  However,  I am anxious to read the conclusion of this fun series so Winter stays firmly in the most anticipated slot. 

2. Shadow Scale by Rachel Hartman - Seraphina Series #2 (March 2015)
Seraphina was one of my favorites reads in the last couple years and is definitely one of my favorite YA novels of all time.  Can't wait for book two in the series! Not too much longer to wait!

3. The third book in Love Grove Legacy by Alyxandra Harvey (Soon with crossed fingers!)
A release date has not been announced for this book which makes me nervous considering the first two in the series were both released this year.  They don't seem to be getting a lot of attention and I'm worried the publisher may drop the series which might just break my heart.  A YA series with magic set in Regency era England - it's such a load of fun. 

4. The final installment in the Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin (Lord Knows)
Please Mr. Martin, finish this series. Please, Please, Please. 


5. Stiletto by Daniel O'Malley - The Checquy Files # 2(July 2015)
The first book in this series, The Rook (my review) was one of my favorites of 2013.  Very excited to get back into this very unique fantasy spy series. 


6. Painting by Numbers by Jasper Fforde - Shades of Grey Series #2  (2016) 
Shades of Grey (my review) easily became my favorite Jasper Fforde novel when I read it earlier this year.  It was published back in 2009 so it is a very long wait for book 2. 

Sequels that are high up on my TBR



7. Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch - Peter Grant Series #2
 If the sequels are anything like the first book, this is likely to become a favorite series!


8. The Republic of Thieves by Scott Lynch - The Gentleman Bastards Series #3
It's been over a year since this book was released and I can't believe I haven't read it yet!  Hoepfully soon!


9. Magic Slays by Ilona Andrews - Kate Daniels Series #5
The Kate Daniels series finally got me over my I'm-not-so-sure-I-like-urban-fantasy phase.  Book four was the best yet and I think its time to dive back into the series.


10. Heartless by Gail Carriger - Parasol Protectorate #4 
I dragged my feet before reading book 3 of this series because I didn't love book 2.  Now that I've finally read book 3 and liked it very much I'm anxious to get to book 4. 

That's it for me!  What sequels are you most looking forward to?  Are addictive book series not the best and cruelest thing in the entire universe?

No comments:

Post a Comment