Monday, September 5, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY | TV Shows on Netflix This Fall That I Will Happily Lose Brain Cells to Watch

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  
I recently became aware that Netflix streaming has several either recently added or coming soon TV shows/seasons that I am SUPER excited about.  Like I may just sit on my couch and enter a permanent TV coma.  No idea when I might find time to read. So since the official topic this week was so open:
In honor of Fall Tv, do a tv-themed topic! Top ten favorite tv shows of all time, ten new shows coming out this Fall that are on my radar, tv shows I wish never got cancelled, tv shows I would recommend to book characters, books I wish would be tv shows, ten favorite shows from the late 90's or early 2000's, ten tv shows for every fantasy lover, etc.
I decided I'd do a little virtual jazz handing about the shows I am most looking forward to streaming this Fall.


*****************


I am always on board for a little Victorian era Gothic horror!  I have been interested in this show since it was first announced three seasons ago so am super excited to see it come to Netflix! (Already On)


I've heard mixed reviews about this adaptation of Terry Brooks quest fantasy but I liked the books in my younger years and want to support whenever epic fantasy comes to my TV Screen! (Already On)


This is a Netflix Original that was in part created by BAZ "FREAKIN'" LUHRMAN.  You either love Baz Luhrman or you don't and you can probably guess where I fall.  I am not particularly interested in the setting or topic of this show (1970s NYC, the evolution of soul music) but I am going to watch the heck out of this show. (Already On)


I may have mentioned before that I kind of wish I lived in a musical.  I'd appreciate being able to sing and dance about my troubles and triumphs.  This show involves Alan Menken with the musical portions and is a fairy tale spoof.  Sign me UP. (September 7, 2016)


I've heard good things about this addition to the DC Comics inspired TV show lineup.  I don't always connect with dramatized comic books but when I do...Hoo boy.  Excited to check this out! (September 10, 2016)


Pretty much ditto the above with an added I really enjoyed Brandon Routh's Ray Palmer on Arrow so I am looking forward to checking this show out! (October 13, 2016)

7) The IT Crowd, Series 5

The first six on this list are shows I'll be experiencing for the first time but starting with this one the rest are shows I'm already in love with:).  This is my favorite sitcom in the whole wide world and I had NO IDEA they had done a 5th season.  SO EXCITED.  Although it appears that it may just be one episode from 2013 which won't be as good as a full series but I'll take what I can get. (September 1)



8) Longmire, Season 5

I didn't love season 4.  In fact, it kind of pissed me off but I still have a ton of loyalty to this show and want to see where it goes in season 5. (September 23rd)

9) Arrow, Season 4

I've been obsessed with this show this year and am both nervous and excited to catch up with season 4.  (October-ish)

10) iZombie, Season 2

This show surprised me the most at how awesome and delightful it was but I should have known because it was developed by Rob Thomas who also created Veronica Mars.  There's no date for this one but I'm hoping it will show up at the same time as many of the other CW shows in October?

*******************


So what shows are you most looking forward to binge-watching this Fall? Any I should check out?

No comments:

Post a Comment