Monday, August 1, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Let The Book Avarice Begin!

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's TTT topic is:

Ten Books You'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed You A Fully Loaded Gift Card
On the surface this seems like it should be an easy list to make but I rarely buy particular books deliberately.  I either go into the store and browse and pick up things that look good or that I randomly recognize from my TBR.  I do most of my book shopping these days at the library sale, the used book store and Kindle sales. Man, I need to improve my support of the book industry!  Anyhoo, The only physical new books I tend to buy are boring, like cookbooks or the occasional specific book I really want but isn't available at the library and those are pretty few and far between.  What I'm saying is, this list is going to be seriously random.


************  

I like history, like to garden and I grew up just about an hour from Colonial Williamsburg and I loved the gardens there.  I really want this book.

2) Making It:  Radical Home Ec for a Post-Consumer World by Kelly Coyne and Erik Knutzen

I'm a wannabe homesteader and at the very least would like to be more self-sufficient and consume less.  This book has pretty high marks and contains a variety of projects.


3) The Republic of Thieves (Gentlemen Bastards #3) by Scott Lynch

I NEED to read this book and I know I will like it so there's no fear of buyer's regret.  Plus, there is always a waiting list at the library and I can't seem to get my hands on it!


4) The Warlock's Curse (Veneficas Americana #3)by M.K. Hobson

I loved the first two books in this series and am dying to continue but this installment was self-published and is not available at my library.


5)  The Lymond Series on Audio by Dorothy Dunnett

This would have to be quite the generous gift card to get all 6 books of the series on audio!  This is my favorite historical fiction series and I'd like to re-read and I think doing it by audio this go round would be fun.  And as long as we're dreaming I'd love to have it read by Richard Armitage or Matthew MacFadyen.  Audio book Gods?  Can we make this happen?  And while we're at it I would also like to purchase The Dorothy Dunnett Companion by Elspeth Morrison.  


6) The Fables Series - All Volumes by Bill Willingham

This is a much beloved series, it was my first foray into graphic novels, and it is (or has recently) coming to an end soon.  I'd love to have a complete set for all these reasons.  


7) Diplomatic Immunity (Vorkosigan #13) by Lois McMaster Bujold

I'm behind on this series!  Book 16 just came out!  Must catch up!  Love, Love, Love Bujold!



My library doesn't have this collection of short stories that supplement the Abhorsen series.  Shame on them!  Guess I'll just have to buy.



I can never seem to find all three volumes at the library and I really love Avatar and these Graphic Novel continuations of Aang and the gang's story. 


10) All the Graphic Novels of Joss Whedon's Shows - Buffy and the Serenity series mostly

I have trouble finding these all in one place and would like to read them all.  Basically if I had a gift card, I would buy truck loads of graphic novels.  


************

So...ummm..yeah...pretty darn random.  What would be at the top of your list?  Do you covet any of the above as well?   

No comments:

Post a Comment