Monday, November 23, 2015

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Giving the Bookish Thanks

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Being grateful. It always cheers one up, doesn't it?  So I sure am THANKFUL for this prompt from The Broke and the Bookish to reflect on the last year of reading adventures and decide which I am most appreciative of.  Here's the official marching orders from The Broke and the Bookish....

Thanksgiving themed Freebie -- ten books I'm thankful for, authors I'm thankful for, Ten fictional families I'd like to celebrate Thanksgiving with, a personal non-bookish thankful list, etc. etc.
And here's my list!

 
1. Re-reading!
Of course Professor Snape approves re-reading - I'd bet the series he lives in is one of the most re-read ever.  It had been years and years since I had done much re-reading but in 2015 I resolved to try and make more time for it.  Specifically I have tackled a complete re-read of the Harry Potter series and it has been such a pleasure.  I will definitely continue to make time for re-reading in the future  - maybe go for His Dark Materials to prepare for the upcoming TV show?

 
2. Media Tie-ins

The last year has really been my year to dive into and really enjoy books based on TV shows (or movies).  I have decided that I am most certainly in favor of these cross overs maybe even a little more than the vice versa phenomenon - TV shows or movies based on books.  This year started with two Veronica Mars mysteries and then got taken over by Doctor Who tie ins!  So glad to have made this discovery!

3. Maggie Stiefvater
It will be no surprise that there will be a few authors on this list.  First up is Maggie Stiefvater.  She has become one of my new favorite YA authors with my discovery of her Raven Cycle series.  I love her writing, her characters and the unique atmosphere of her books.

4. Catching Up With The Dresden Files
I am so grateful to be caught up all the way to book 15 on Jim Butcher's Dresden Files series!  I will be even more grateful if Jim Butcher could see his way to publishing the next 6 books in the series in the next 6 months! Please Mr. Butcher?

5. Sarah MacLean
My new favorite romance author!  Thanks for sweeping in to my life Ms. MacLean.

6. The Illustrated Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone
After severe internet peer pressure, I ordered and received this a couple weeks ago.  I've only just barely dipped into it, enough to see that it is going to be an absolute delight.  I want to wait until I have finished my re-read and have a good stretch of time to really dive into it.  Very thankful I have this to look forward to!

7. Lydia Netzer
I am so so grateful to have discovered Lydia Netzer's two lovely, quirky novels this last year.  How to Tell Toledo from the Night Sky and Shine, Shine, Shine.

8. Reading on the Beach
It's not every year that I get to read on a beach which is my absolutely favorite place to read.  I got some good quality time this year on Hatteras Island.

9. Longmire
I discovered both Longmire the TV show and Longmire the mystery book series.  They are BOTH fantastic in their own unique ways.  

Happy Thanksgiving!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment