Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturdays in the Garden -An Unnecessary Freezing of Water

OUTSIDE

This is gonna be short because it was one of those weeks.  It started with a gigantic snowstorm. Hello there winter - welcome back.


It was also a full moon this week.  It was all really beautiful, snow and moon, and if I could have just stayed put and soaked it all in I would've been happy as a clam.  I feel like the moon kind of messed with my sleep a little this week - anybody else suspect this happens?
Also - More Seeds!

LIFE

Busy week with four days of meetings.  And by 4 days I mean ALL DAY every one of those days.  One of those days was today so I'm beat.  And sleeping in tomorrow.  To prepare for a fifth all day meeting on Monday.  Sigh....  I wish I had some wine right now. 

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Because of busyness, I was doing more mindless watching then reading this week.  I finished Broadchurch which packed a punch at the end.  Definitely recommend!

I watched the first three episodes of Marvel's Agents of Shield which was dull as ditch water.  Whedon brothers - What is up??  Word on the street is that it picks up midway through the season and I'm a big enough Joss Whedon fangirl to continue to give it a shot but it may take me a while.  I think Dollhouse had this same issue and I've never finished it despite starting to get into it towards the end of season 1.

Right now, while I type this post, I've been watching the first couple episodes of Grimm.  It's kind of a police procedural with fairy tale monsters.  It's okay thus far though I wish it had a little more levity  - I like when the reformed Big Bad Wolf guy is on but his role so far has been minor.

Reading wise, the only book I finished was the audio of Lirael by Garth Nix.  It was really great but I didn't realize that, unlike Sabriel, it is unresolved in the end and is finished in Abhorsen.  Throughout the entire last cd, I kept wondering how on Earth he was going to wrap things up in so short a time.  Well...um... he didn't.

As my car audio I started The Young Elites by Marie Lu - there is some elaborate world building going on but not feeling much else yet though I appreciate the X Men vibe. Otherwise I'm still reading Seeker by Arwen Elys Dayton and Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch.  Also still slowly making my way through Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck.  I think I logged a total of 3 pages this week.

LAST Week on the Blog:

SUNDAY: Review of The Eterna Files by Leanna Renee Hieber.  I didn't love this one though that may have had more to do with my tastes than the book.
MONDAY: A post about Book Series that are unfairly interrupted before completion.
TUESDAY: Top Ten Tuesday - Important books that I have not read.
WEDNESDAY: Review of Gulp: Adventures on the Alimentary Canal by Mary Roach.
THURSDAY: Mini Reviews of Desperate Duchesses by Eloisa James; Avatar The Last Airbender The Search by Gene Luen Yang, et al. and A Tithe of Blood and Ashes by Alyxandra Harvey.

NEXT Week on the Blog:

SUNDAY: Review of Shine,Shine,Shine by Lydia Netzer.
TUESDAY: The Top Ten Tuesday topic this week is things you don't like in romances.  Hoo boy - I have a feeling this could be a long list...
WEDNESDAY:  Review of Kiss an Angel by Susan Elizabeth Phillips (sticking with a romance theme:0)
THURSDAY:  Tough Travels, hosted by Fantasy Review Barn, this week is To Blave  or Twu Wuv or you know True Love for those heathens who are not familiar with The Princess Bride.  Is it Valentine's week or something;0)?


A lot of people like snow. I find it to be an unnecessary freezing of water.



No comments:

Post a Comment