Tuesday, December 4, 2012

R.I.P. Morrissey



Don’t Panic! Morrissey is in no way deceased.  As far as I know he is still utterly, fabulously alive.  What are dead are my hopes of seeing him play live.  A couple of friends and I had tickets to see him play last month at the Surf Ballroom. The Surf Ballroom is a fifties style ballroom that is famous for being the last place that Richie Valens, Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper played before losing their lives in a plane crash.  Despite, or perhaps partially because, of this macabre claim to fame it would, I think, be one of the most perfect venues to play host to Morrissey’s particular charms.  

Unfortunately, a few days before the show, it was announced that his mum was sick and that the show was to be postponed.   We got word a couple weeks ago that it was re-scheduled….for the night of an annual mandatory work event.  Since the three of us that were going all work together there’s no chance of creatively excusing ourselves from said event.  So no Morrissey for us L How does this make me feel?  “Last night I dreamt….That somebody loved me…No Hope, No Harm, just another false alarm…” 

R.I.P. Morrissey.   I hope the Surf treats you well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment