Saturday, March 18, 2017

Saturday in the Garden | Green?


OUTSIDE

It's the most terrifyingly awesome time of year, at least in Iowa.  It's awesome because Spring IS happening.  Some green is starting to peek out of the ground and smart critters who have either been asleep for the last 4 months or else frolicking in Southern climes start showing up in numbers.  My dentist has a persistent crabapple out in front of their office and it was crawling with robins and cedar waxwings this week.  
Garlic

Chives
Crocus

I planted a bunch of bulbs around where two of my Golden's ashes are buried (Darwin and Casey)

This time of year is terrifying because the weather is unpredictable. As you can tell from the pics, most things are mulched with leaves.  Do I go ahead and clear them since things are coming up?  But what about the fact that we went from being in the 50s and 60s to a couple of single digit days this week?  I looked back at my posts from last year around this time and I had already planted sugar snap peas and done some of my clean up by now...

Which brings me to the fact, that there are also things coming up indoors!  Unfortunately, looking at my seed starting picks from last year around now has emphasized how far behind I am.  None of my peppers are even sprouting yet and the tomatoes are just peeking out.



 ****CUTE BUNNY ALERT!****



WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Nothing! I've been reading and hanging with the rabbit instead of watching TV this week.

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted:

  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen #2) by Alison Goodman: It was good though I didn't love it quite as much as book one.
  • Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins:  I rarely if ever read contemporary YA or romance and yet this is both.  It is, as advertised totally delightful even to my cynical, wizened old basically middle-aged heart.
  • Why Shoot a Butler? by Georgette Heyer:  Not one of her best but I always like spending time in her creations.
  • Scandal in Spring (Wallflowers #4) by Lisa Kleypas: I was horrified to discover that I had not read the last book in the Wallflowers series. For Shame! It was good!
CURRENTLY READING
  • The Prophecy Con (Rogues of the Republic #2) by Patrick Weekes:  Happy to be back with the gang!
  • Eon: Dragoneye Reborn (Eon #1) by Alison Goodman:  I've so enjoyed her Dark Days Club books, I decided to try Alison Goodman's other series. Really enjoying it!
  • Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo:  I started it as soon as my credit from Audible became available, lol.

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:



The joys of some late afternoon son and a couple of bully sticks. Don't ask what bully sticks are.
Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment