Tuesday, April 26, 2016

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Bookworm Delights

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

A quick list of bookworm delights!

**************

1) Libraries - One of the few things in the world I actually enjoy shopping for are books.  Libraries give me the experience of shopping for books but with no money involved! This is a uniquely book wormy pleasure.

2) When the book blurb looks like the book was written just for me and the book actually lives up to that promise!

3) Getting inside a character's head - There is nothing like a book to really lean about other people and discover that most of us share more things than not.  People are interesting and books are the perfect way to explore that!
4) Quiet time lost in a book - As an introvert, I truly relish and need times of quiet, alone time and a perfect companion?  Books!  Item 4, part B - Read-a-thons. Since getting involved with blogging I've participated in a couple of these and it is amazing to drop everything and focus on reading for a chunk of time.

5) Lists of Books - Reading them, making them; lists in general are a favorite thing of mine and book lists are the tippy top best type of lists.

6) Book Hoarding - This may not seem like a good thing but if I'm going to have piles of anything lying around the house, books make the best piles.  They're pretty and create a flat surface.

7) Reading Age Inappropriate Books - This is a relatively new delight for me and I'm so glad I not only got over my snobbery about reading YA and Middle-Grade but also have honed my abilities for finding the books in these categories that will most delight me.  It's all about stories - awesome, complicated, simple, fantastical stories.

8) The Goodreads Book Challenge -   I know this kind of challenge doesn't work for everyone but my yearly reading challenges have really pushed me, in a good way, to read more.  And more books read = delightful.

9) Enjoying a book and its TV/Movie incarnation:  This doesn't happen all the time but it sure is delightful when it does work.

********************
What are your particular book delights?

No comments:

Post a Comment