Monday, August 10, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I Read a Whole Bunch

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

An entry on to this list seems to require a couple of factors.  They have to be an author whose writing I like very much or else I wouldn't have stuck with them for so many books.  Just as importantly however they have to be prolific writers.  Frequently they've written exceptionally long (and awesome) series.  Finally I have to say, thank goodness for Goodreads or this list would have been impossible!

**************

1) William Shakespeare - 21

Dude wrote a LOT of plays and while I haven't read them all, I have read most, totaling 21 in all.  

2) Patrick O'Brian - 20

There are 20 completed works in his amazing Aubrey and Maturin historical fiction series and I've read all of them and loved them.

3) Bill Willingham - 20

He's the writer for the Fables Graphic Novel series which I love.  I've read 20 books in this series.

4) Georgette Heyer - 16

She's the Grandmother of the Regency Era romance and her books are SO MUCH AWESOME.  And there are lots of them.  I've read at least 16.

5) Jim Butcher - 14

I'm almost caught up completely with his Dresden Files series and have read the first 14 books.

6) Lois McMaster Bujold - 13ish

She is one of my very favorite SFF writers and her most well known series  - The Vorkosigan Saga - includes a lot of books.  My goodreads tally says I've read 13 by her but I think the real number may be higher as I think I read a few of the Vorkosigan books in omnibus form.

7) Dorothy Dunnett - 13

I've read both the Lymond and House of Niccolo series which totals about 13 books.  Dunnett is my favorite historical fiction writer. 

8) Alyxandra Harvey - 12

She's one of my go to YA authors for fluffy, delightful fantasy with great characters.  I've read almost everything she's published which equals 12 books.


9) Agatha Christie - 11

This is another case where I think the actual number is higher but I don't think I have all of them logged in goodreads.  The real number is probably in the 20 book range.

10) Garth Nix - 10

Between his Keys to the Kingdom series and the first three books in the Abhorsen series I'm up to 10 of Garth Nix's books.  I plan on reading everything he's written and will write - he's fantastic!

**************

So who's the author you've read the most books by?

No comments:

Post a Comment