Two weeks later and all my seeds have germinated! I also took advantage of the crazy early spring and planted some sugar snap peas. Other signs of spring: the garlic is up!!
WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING
I am in full-on Glee binge mode.
Finished Last Week:
- The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness #3) by Tamora Pierce: Finally getting back to this series - not sure why it took me so long! Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in Alanna in this installment. I will definitely finish out the series but I hope the last book shakes Alanna up.
- One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximize food production in a small space. An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).
- Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones: A stand alone novel I ran across at the local used book store knowing nothing about it except that it was by Diana Wynne Jones:0). It is taking its time to get going so I hope it picks up the pace soon, simply because that's what I'm in the mood for now. It has an awesome atmosphere, though, that is really sticking with me.
- Sorceror to the Crown (Sorceror Royal #1) by Zen Cho: This was release in the latter half of 2015 and has been raved about non-stop ever since. It also sounds like a book designed just for me, Set in Regency Era England it follows the Sorceror Royal as he tries recover the magic levels in England and give women a place in the magical community.
- The Round House by Louise Erdrich: I started this in D.C. on my kindle and it pretty immediately sucked me in despite the brutality of the subject matter (violent rape against a minority).
- The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman: A 1960s book about an older lady who becomes a spy.
- Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: A compilation of short stories/novellas set in The Lunar Chronicles universe.
Added to the TBR:This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week. It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
On the BLOG LAST WEEK:
- SUNDAY: Saturday in The Garden (on Sunday) | Washington, D.C.
- THURSDAY: Parent Of Virtues - Week 10. I am experimenting with the 365 Grateful project to help me be more mindful and less of a crabby ass.