It's in the mid-60s today, deceptively hinting at Spring. A friend even mentioned seeing her first red-winged blackbird which is one of my favorite harbingers that winter is coming to a close. It is nice to get February out of the way, and March is usually kinder, but I am still cautious. I did a little bit of yard clean up today, mostly cleaning up the accumulated Winter dog poo - Fun! Not my favorite chore but it was nice to do something productive outside. Now I'm ready for a nap. Obviously still in my Winter malaise!
WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING
Nothing much. I've been comfort watching selected episodes of Stargate SG1.
Finished Last Week:
- A World Without Princes (The School for Good and Evil #2) by Soman Chainani: This is a super fun middle-grade series and is one of the series I identified as one I'd like to put in the finished column.
- Still Life With Murder by P.B. Ryan (Nell Sweeney Mystery #1): This is historical mystery series set in mid nineteenth century Boston with a female protagonist. I picked it up because it was mentioned in a Book Riot list about favorite love declarations.
- One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximize food production in a small space. An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).
- Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones: A stand alone novel I ran across at the local used book store knowing nothing about it except that it was by Diana Wynne Jones:0). It is taking its time to get going so I hope it picks up the pace soon, simply because that's what I'm in the mood for now. It has an awesome atmosphere, though, that is really sticking with me.
- American Rose by Karen Abbott: A biography of Gypsy Rose Lee.
- The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness #3) by Tamora Pierce: Finally getting back to this series - not sure why it took me so long!
Added to the TBR:This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week. It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
- Grimspace (Sirantha Jax #1) by Ann Aguirre: A science fiction adventure which was recommended as having a great female protagonist. Obviously I have been digging the Book Riot podcasts lately as this and the one below both got on my TBR from their Get Booked podcast.
- Gemsigns (Evolution #1) by Stephanie Saulter: Gems is a name for a genetically modified human in a post dystopian Earth. This was also recommended on the Get Booked Podcast.
On the BLOG LAST WEEK:
- TUESDAY: Top Ten Tuesday | Books I loved even though they weren't my usual thing.
- WEDNESDAY: REVIEW | Steal the Sky by Megan O'Keefe. 3 out of 5 stars
- THURSDAY: Parent Of Virtues - Week 8. I am experimenting with the 365 Grateful project to help me be more mindful and less of a crabby ass.