Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The Prettiest Peppers Ever?

I don't generally grow a lot of hot peppers as I don't have a lot of call for them in my cooking.  I like spicy food but am more comfortable when other people fix it.  Weird.  Anyway, this year I got sucked in by Seed Savers to grow an heirloom hot pepper variety called Fish.  I was sucked in because it said it's origin was around the Chesapeake Bay area and was used a lot in the wonderful seafood seasonings of the area.  I'm from that region of the country and Baltimore style steamed Blue Crabs are pretty much my idea of manna from heaven.   This association with nostalgia and good cooking prompted me to give them a shot.

Now I have yet to eat or harvest a single one but I am completely charmed by the plant!  It's variegated and the peppers are green and white striped!  They're adorable!


I can't wait to see what they taste like!  Though I may be so fascinated by their stripey-ness that I won't be able to bring myself to cut them up.  I like being charmed by vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment