Thursday, July 11, 2013

Llama Liaison

If llama liaison were an actual job I think it might be my dream job.  I met my first llama in College while doing an internship at a local city park/zoo.  Magnum was his name and I ADORED him.  I think I adored him even more when he made it quite clear that he barely tolerated me.  I would stand at his stall and chat to him and he would just stand there aloof, looking at me askance.  But while haughty face to face whenever we my co-workers and I would be cleaning out the other stalls, Magnum would serenade us with a strange cacophony of sounds from high-pitched whistles to low grunts.  He was, in short, amazing.

So the highlight of my evening last night at Blank Park Zoo's Zoo Brew was meeting the above friendly fellow (or gal...I didn't check).  He was quite pleased to be petted and cooed at and was cute as a button. I wanted to take him home with me.  Some day I hope to have a llama of my very own.  And maybe some baby goats.

So what's your favorite out-of-the-ordinary critter?


No comments:

Post a Comment