Saturday, February 25, 2017

Saturday in the Garden | 70 Degrees and Snowing

OUTSIDE

Seeds Glorious Seeds!

Also saw my first Red-winged Blackbirds on territory mid-week. Also, amazing huge flocks of snow geese moving through the state - the biggest I've seen in the 12 years I've lived here.  Spring is definitely on its way despite this snowy little interlude.



WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I finished the Netflix Original Anime Kuromukuro.  I liked it, though it really did rip off Inuyasha in the relationship department.  Since finishing that, I've had trouble finding anything else I want to watch.  I've tried a few episodes of a couple more Anime that have crashed and burned.   It's reminding me a little of when I started reading Romance and was clueless about what I liked or where to go to get what I want even if I did know what that was.  If anyone with more experience, has some recommendations I'd love to hear them.  Some aspects I do know that attract me are  - fantasy/sci-fi, not too childish and frenetic, with some romance.  I've got a post in the works that will hopefully go live this week about my adventures with Anime.

Last night I started Glitch, an Australian 6 episode show about a handful of dead people that come back to life in a small town, not as zombies, just inexplicably alive again.  What connects them?  Why are they alive again? How are they alive again?  What's up with the mysterious pharmaceutical company on the edge of town?  I ran through all the episodes but one - it was really great!  Available on Netflix.

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted:

Nothing this week...

Currently Reading:

  • Intuitive Eating by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch: A book about how to improve your relationship with food.
  • The Gathering of Shadows (Shades of Magic #2) by V.E. Schwab: I got this in Audio despite the fact that I hated the audio of the first book (liked the book but not the reader) but they switched narrators so...
  • Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1)by Leigh Bardugo: This one got off to a slow start for me but after the first quarter, I am SO hooked.   
  • The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen #2) by Alison Goodman: I'm pretty excited about this sequel to The Dark Days Club that is sort of a supernatural Buffy in Regency England.
  • The Prophecy Con (Rogues of the Republic #2) by Patrick Weekes: I may be reading too many heist stories at once..... NAH!  Though, seriously two of these are straight up heist stories (this one and Six of Crows) and A Gathering of Shadows is has many heist-y like elements.  To make it more interesting the main character in AGoS is Kel and in Six of Crows is Kaz.  Anyway, The Prophecy Con.  Happy to be back with the gang!

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!
  • The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee:  "An unforgettable tale of two friends on their Grand Tour of 18th-century Europe who stumble upon a magical artifact that leads them from Paris to Venice in a dangerous manhunt, fighting pirates, highwaymen, and their feelings for each other along the way."  It was on the Book Smugglers list last weekend and the authors "review" of the book on goodreads is "IDK. Sounds kinda dumb." which made me giggle.

    On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

    I had an internet outage for a couple of days this week.  That plus the stress/depression that crashed down this week means I missed posting a review of Moon Called by Patricia Briggs.  It will publish tomorrow.

    SUNDAY: REVIEW | Moon Called by Patricia Briggs
    TUESDAY: TOP TEN TUESDAY | Books that Defied Expectation FYI, this is the last official TTT for at least a little while.  It's taking a hiatus at The Broke and the Bookish (well deserved - those ladies haven't missed a beat for 6.5 years - WOW).  I really like making lists so I may just continue on with my own made up top tens ...or maybe not.
    THURSDAY: REVIEW | Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee


    HAVE A GREAT WEEK!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment