Saturday, November 19, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Anne of Green Gables Everywhere


OUTSIDE

The gorgeous Fall we've been lucky to have has finally run its course with a very cold day today (though temps later this week look to be back in reasonable range).  At the office, our wildlife management folks (the staff that actually manage the public land for hunting and wildlife watching) have taken advantage of the mild Autumn to do some prescribed burning on the prairies.  They fired up the prairie around the office this week and I'm excited to see what it will look like next spring.  Fire usually stimulates the flowering plants so it should be gorgeous.  Right now it just looks like scorched earth!


WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I've gotten a little more than halfway through season 4 of Arrow and now am procrastinating watching the rest😊.  I'm ridiculous.  I've enjoyed the season so much and don't want to see everything blow up into melodrama so I'm adopting a stance of avoidance. Very mature. Anyway, instead I've been watching Fixer Upper, the HGTV show about a couple in Waco, TX that renovates and decorates homes.  They're soothing and help me stick to my financial goals.

Also, in future watching, there are apparently two new productions of Anne and Green Gables coming out/in the works?  One is airing on Thanksgiving on PBS here in the U.S. The other is a joint production by Netflix and the CBC.  I so love the Megan Follows version and all the casting in that mini-series that it is going to be very hard to accept anything different but I will try to be open-minded.  But Martin Sheen as Mathew? No. Honestly I think Richard Farnsworth may be the hardest casting to beat.  What about you?  Have you seen the PBS version(it has apparently aired before)?  Who do you think it will be hardest to cast?

Reading 

Finished Since the Last Time I Posted

  • Liar, Temptress, Soldier, Spy by Karen Abbott: A non-fiction book focused on the American Civil War, in particular 4 women who played important and unsung roles. 
  • Saga, Vol. 4 by Brian Vaughn and Fiona Staples: This graphic novel series continues to be awesome.

Currently Reading:

  • Etiquette and Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger: I loved the Parasol Protectorate series so I am enjoying this YA offering in the same world by Ms. Carriger!
  • The Fold by Peter Clines:  So far it's a really fun blend of sci-fi, mystery and suspense-thriller. I'm actually almost done with this one. 

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

  • A Promise of Fire by Amanda Bouchet:  Danya from A Fine Print mentioned this book in a comment as one of her favorite debuts of the year.  Fantasy-Romance and based on Greek Mythology! 

Blogging

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

THURSDAY: Review | Sawbones by Melissa Lenhardt



Golden Retriever or Giant House Cat? #whereamisupposedtosleep
Have a Great Week!

No comments:

Post a Comment