Saturday, June 18, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Hotter 'n Hades

OUTSIDE

Well, I don't have much to report except that it's dang hot and I'm a wimp.  Air conditioning has ruined us all.  I had a couple days working outside this week and it was brutal.  My smart and also ruined dog Jasper has taken to parking himself on the Air Conditioning vent (see below).

Also to report is lots and lots more insect damage in the garden.  Ideally, I would accept this with peace and good will but it really is a bummer when you have as small a space as I do.




GAK

Last Sunday, my friend and I went on one of those Parade of Homes where you get to snoop around in (mostly) newly built houses.  These houses are usually well out of my price range as are most of the features in the houses.  Doesn't keep me from admiring some of these features.  These are a couple of my favorites:

This Shower Y'all.  The picture doesn't do it justice. It was as large as my entire bathroom.




WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

Nothing much.  I got a little fed up with Doctor Quinn Medicine Woman about halfway through season 2.

Reading

Finished Last Week:

  • The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood:  I'm surprised I had not read it before.  This audio version is read by Claire Danes who has a really pleasing voice.  
  • Murder on Bank Street (Gaslight Mysteries #10) by Victoria Thompson:  Historical mystery series set in New York at the turn of the 20th century.  
  • A Quiet Life in the Country (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries #1) by T.E. Kinsey: Set in the early 1900s in rural England - mysteries investigated by a Lady and her maid.

Currently Reading:

  • One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximizing food production in a small space.  An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).   
  • Murder on Waverly Place (Gaslight Mystery #11) by Victoria Thompson: 
  • Just One Damned Thing After Another  (The Chronicles of St. Mary's #1) by Jodi Taylor: British time travel series.  
  • Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine:  This is an Alt history/steampunkish story in a world where a somewhat insidious library rules the world with violent automatons.   

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!


Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

No comments:

Post a Comment