Sunday, March 13, 2016

Saturday in the Garden | Garlic and Stress

OUTSIDE

Two weeks later and all my seeds have germinated!  I also took advantage of the crazy early spring and planted some sugar snap peas. Other signs of spring:  the garlic is up!!


LIFE

This week was the second most insanely busy week I will likely have all year.  Definitely ready for things to calm the heck down.  The good thing is that I have stayed very productive and in a relatively good mood.  Yay me?  My non-work time has mostly been binge-watching glee and sleeping.  Pretty much all my reading has been audio.

WATCHING, READING and BLOGGING

Watching 

I am in full-on Glee binge mode.

Reading

Finished Last Week: 

  • The Woman Who Rides Like a Man (Song of the Lioness #3) by Tamora Pierce:  Finally getting back to this series - not sure why it took me so long!  Unfortunately, I was really disappointed in Alanna in this installment.  I will definitely finish out the series but I hope the last book shakes Alanna up.  

Currently Reading:

  • One Magic Square by Lolo Houbein: A gardening book about maximize food production in a small space.  An ARC from Netgalley (though I think it's an older title).   
  • Fire and Hemlock by Diana Wynne Jones: A stand alone novel I ran across at the local used book store knowing nothing about it except that it was by Diana Wynne Jones:0).  It is taking its time to get going so I hope it picks up the pace soon, simply because that's what I'm in the mood for now. It has an awesome atmosphere, though, that is really sticking with me.
  • Sorceror to the Crown (Sorceror Royal #1) by Zen Cho:  This was release in the latter half of 2015 and has been raved about non-stop ever since.  It also sounds like a book designed just for me,  Set in Regency Era England it follows the Sorceror Royal as he tries recover the magic levels in England and give women a place in the magical community.
  • The Round House by Louise Erdrich:  I started this in D.C. on my kindle and it pretty immediately sucked me in despite the brutality of the subject matter (violent rape against a minority).  
  • The Unexpected Mrs. Pollifax by Dorothy Gilman: A 1960s book about an older lady who becomes a spy.  
  • Stars Above by Marissa Meyer:  A compilation of short stories/novellas set in The Lunar Chronicles universe.

Added to the TBR:

This is a list of books that I have added to my Goodreads TBR list this week.  It helps to burn the books I want to read a little more firmly into my mind, maybe get them on some other folks TBRs and gives me a chance to recognize a lot of the awesome bloggers that add stuff to my TBR!

Nothing Added.

Blogging 

On the BLOG LAST WEEK:

On the BLOG NEXT WEEK:

Not Sure.  May be another light week as I get caught up.

No comments:

Post a Comment