Friday, May 8, 2015

Bout of Books 13 - Read-thoning is Happening and I will not be Dissuaded!

I was pretty bummed that I was unable to participate in the Dewey's Read-a-thon a couple of weeks ago because of work.  While I'm not terribly disciplined and hard core about them, I find read-a-thons to be nicely motivating and Bout of Books is particularly nice because it is low key.  The main goal is to read more than you usually do during the designated week - for Bout of Books 13 this is May 11 through May 17 (aka next week:).  I'm going back to work next week after a week off so it doesn't seem like the most logical decision to commit to a read-a-thon but who wants to be logical?  Well besides you know who...
And that's how I like it
Here's everything anybody ever needs to know about Bout of Books 13:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 11th and runs through Sunday, May 17th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 13 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
If you've never participated in a read-a-thon before this is a great one to start with because it's so low key - no reading until you drop required.  You can set reading goals or not depending on your preference.  If you're the kind of reader that cares about reading challenges, this is also a great way to catch up with some of those (or get ahead).  I am going to be setting some goals, but I'm not quite ready to do so just yet.  I'll post goals and keep a record of how things go next week on the blog.

Who else will be participating next week and reading their buns off (oh if only this was possible)?  If you've done a read-a-thon in the past what's your favorite strategy?  Tackle gone with the wind or stock up on graphic novels?
Loki's totally a read-a-thoner. I knew it.

No comments:

Post a Comment