Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday - Revisiting My Youth (-ful Reads)

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists.  It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's topic is the top ten childhood reads that we'd like to re-read.  As I've documented before, I feel like I missed out on some pretty iconic childhood reads so I'm not sure if I have a full ten childhood reads I want to re-visit.

1) Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis

I've actually re-read this series dozens of time but it's been many years since I've done so.

2) The Belgariad and The Mallorean by David Eddings

I must have really enjoyed this series as a teenager because I have dragged around all the books in both series through many years and like 15 moves.  I better re-read it some time!

3) The Once and Future King by T.H. White

I remember it as a delightfully magical King Arthur tale.  I wonder if I would still see it that way.

4) Savage Spirit by Meg Cameron

This was my favorite romance story as a youngster - it's the story of teenage girl, Cat, on the frontier who is kidnapped by Indians and falls in love with a young brave named Blue Quail.  And yup.  I just pulled out those names from my memory.  I may have read it a few hundred times.  One more re-reading would be great. 



5) His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman

This is a fantastic trilogy that it has been far too long since I've read.

6) Pyewacket by Rosemary Weir

It's about a group of cats along a street that plot to kick out all the humans and take over. My copy looks just like the one in the picture including all the nicks and scratches.

7) Anne of Green Gables Books by L.M. Montgomery

I think I may have read this a little outside of my childhood but I think it still counts.

8) The Crystal Cave and The Hollow Hills by Mary Stewart

I had a thing for King Arthur as a kid.... Funnily, when I went to look this up on Goodreads, I found that there are a whole passel of books in Stewart's Arthurian Saga that I haven't read.

And I also just found a TTT post from November that was about re-reads and I mentioned several of these in that post too, so sorry for the repetition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment