Saturday, June 21, 2014

The Book Blogger Test and Why I'm Terrible!

Selah at A Bibliophile's Style tagged for the Book Blogger Test which is  series of questions about books to answer and then pass along to other book bloggers.  Thanks Selah!

Before I get to the question answering I have a confession to make. On top of all the confessions below.  I've also been tapped for the Liebster Award by a couple of folks and while I have NO problem rambling on about myself, I have dragged my feet on posting because I feel like every other Blogger I follow has already been tagged.  Sometimes multiple times.  I am apparently not very good at following newer bloggers (definitely could be better) or I'm antisocial (highly likely) or I'm just behind the times (probably).  Basically I don't really have a list of folks to tag in return!  What am I  to do??  I've decided that I'll go ahead and post my answers and tag a couple folks who I haven't noticed recently having done one of these getting to know you exercises and if it doesn't follow the rules exactly, then just call me a rebel.  *imagine Dukes of Hazzard and a big ole rebel yell*  I will post my Liebster Award posts later this week as long as work doesn't interfere.

Here's my answers for the book blogger test answers.

What are your top three book pet hates?
1. Mary Sue characters
2. Reading a series out of order
3. Abridgements.

Describe your perfect reading spot.

Sitting on a comfy Chaise Lounge under a big old umbrella on a quiet beach pretty much anywhere but the Outer Banks of North Carolina is a particular favorite spot of mine.

My toes in Puerto Rico


Tell us three book confessions.
1) I've not read anything by J.D. Salinger... No Catcher in the Rye nothing.  Not sure how this wasn't assigned in school etc...
2) I don't particularly like author interviews or knowing too much about authors. I have no desire to interact or meet any of them.  I think I like to imagine them as magical creatures with a particular talent for telling stories and no life outside of that. Ha Ha!
3) I sometimes dog ear pages.

When was the last time you cried during a book?
I was just shedding a few tears a little bit ago while listening to Ann Patchett's State of Wonder. 
I cry super easy.

How many books are on your bedside table?
I just had to return a bunch to the library so no physical books actually on my bedside table at the moment.  On my proverbial bedside table (basically what I am reading), I'm currently reading 3 books: State of Wonder (see above), Half a King by Joe Abercrombie and The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading?
Ice Cream.  Mostly because that's my favorite thing to eat anytime:)

Name three books you would recommend to everyone.
1. The Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling  (I'm always scandalized and saddened when someone says they were bored by these books or didn't like them.  No judgement just sadness because they are missing out on something awesome).
2. The Sand County Almanac by Aldo Leopold
3. D'Aulaire's Book of Greek Mythology  by Ingri D'Aulaire and Edgar Parin D'Aulaire


Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase.



Write how much books mean to you in three words.
Better than Ice Cream (Okay so technically that's four words but I'm counting Ice Cream as one.)

What is your biggest reading secret?
This seems a lot like the Confessions question... Not really a secret but I've recently discovered through doing a read-a-thon that I am a really slow reader and strangely I don't think I have the focus I had when I was younger.

I am tagging the following awesome blogs:
The Gnoming Librarian
A Girl that Likes Books
The Bookwyrm's Hoard
So Long and Thanks for all the Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment