Saturday, November 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to the Doctor!


Doctor Who is 50!  Have I mentioned before how brilliant this show is and how I love it?  Why yes I have:

TV Shows that are Awesome
It's Much Bigger on the Inside
The Reboot of The Reboot - Season 6 Part 1
Season 6 Part 2
Season 5 Rewatch Part 1
Season 5 Rewatch Part 2
Season 1 Favorite Episodes

I can proudly blather on ad nauseum about this show even if I am a bit of a fraud since I have never watched any of the older Who episodes.  If you've not had a chance to catch up with Doctor Who, I BEG you to take this 50th anniversary (how many shows do you know that make it to 50!) as a spur to get on it!  If you like shows that combine adventure and fantasy, goofy AND clever humor, complex characters and relationships, and even a smidgen of romance - you will not be disappointed.

Favorite Doctor: #10 David Tennant though Chris Eccleston and Matt Smith ain't chopped liver.
Favorite Companion: Rose Tyler (fingers crossed she shows up in the anniversary ep!)
Favorite Villain: The Master followed closely by the Weeping Angels
Favorite Season: Season 3 but under protest, Season 2, 4 and 6 were also great
Top 5 Episodes: (from New Who)
- Series 1: The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances
- Series 1: The Parting of the Ways
- Series 2: The Impossible Planet and The Satan Pit
- Series 3: Human Nature and The Family of Blood
- Series 3: Blink
- Series 6: The Doctor's Wife

Happy Birthday Doctor Who and many Happy Returns!  Thanks for all the TV watching joy you've given me over the last several years!

Any other Whovians out there?  What are your favorites?

2 comments:

  1. Aghhhh I wanted to see this so badly but my boyfriend's cable is out and I couldn't get tickets to a theatre for tonight. BOOOO. But I'm super excited for whenever I CAN get my hands on it!

    (My favourite companions are Donna, Rory and Amy - but only Rory/Amy when they're together, so maybe my favourite companion is Donna...it's so hard to pick!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've gotten so that I don't watch things in real time so I likely won't see it for ages until it comes out on DVD or Netflix. So NO spoilers! Donna is probably my # 2 favorite and I *think* I feel the same way about Amy (and Rory). I pretty much hated Amy in season 5 but warmed up to her in season 6...when she was more steadily with Rory:)

    ReplyDelete